1/3 Photos of Nickey's Chocolate Brownie Muffins
This is from a recipe found in the Food & Wine magazine modified to our preferences. This recipe ... I love it! I'm having to restrain myself from baking it again too soon because I might eat the whole thing myself! This is one of the recipes I make for our area officers to thank them. Please note that they don't come out quite the same with baking sugar; use regular granulated sugar.
My Private Note
mini mu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ounces ghirardelli milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened ghirardelli cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar, to garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Insert a mini muffin cup liner in each muffin cup; set aside. [If not using the liners, coat the mini muffin cups well with butter and dust with flour; make sure you coat them well -- this dough tends to stick or use Kittencal's Pan Release #78579.].
- 3Melt 8 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Add 1/5 of the milk chocolate and whisk until melted. Let cool slightly.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk both flours, cocoa powder and salt.
- 5In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the eggs and sugar at medium speed until pale and thick (3-5 minutes). Beat in the vanilla.
- 6Beat in the melted chocolate mixture and 1/3 the dry ingredients -- add one third of the flour at a time until it's all incorporated. Then add the remaining chocolate.
- 7Spoon batter into muffin cups (about 2/3s - 3/4s full) and bake for about 18-20 minutes -- They will have risen and have a springy feel. A toothpick should come out clean and dry when done. Cool in muffin pan for 15 minutes before turning them out onto wire rack for another 15 minutes.
- 8When plating, sprinkle confectioner's sugar on plate, place cookies on plate and top with a generous amount of the sugar on each.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nickey's Chocolate Brownie Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 59.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g