1/4 Photos of New York Cheesecake
2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
This is the combination of two separate recipes I had been playing with until I found what I liked. NEVER any leftovers..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I use macadamia)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Mix graham cracker crumbs, nuts and cinnamon with melted butter.
- 3Press on bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- 4Bake 7 minutes, remove from oven, let cool.
- 5Increase oven temp to 475.
- 6Combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 T. flour, 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix completely. Add Almond extract.
- 7Add cream and mix just enough to blend.
- 8Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- 9Reduce oven temp to 200 and bake for one hour.
- 10Turn oven off and leave cake in oven for another hour.
- 11Remove from oven, cool slightly, place in refrigerator overnite.
- 12Top with fruit if desired.
- 13Note: I find that setting a bowl/pan of water on the bottom rack while baking helps prevent cracking. NOT everytime, but usually! That's with any cheesecake, not just this one.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.1
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.3 mg
- Sodium 361.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 7.7 g