Recipe by podapo
This is the combination of two separate recipes I had been playing with until I found what I liked. NEVER any leftovers..
Top Review by Cup_Cake_Chef
Fantastic recipe! I've made this cheesecake several times and it never fails to impress all who try it! Tastes delicious with fresh strawberries or a rasberry sauce on top! I found that cooking it on 200 for 2 and 1/2 hours then leaving in the oven for 1 hour after makes the bake less gooey in the middle, and I substituted vanilla extract for almond.
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts (I use macadamia)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, nuts and cinnamon with melted butter.
- Press on bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 7 minutes, remove from oven, let cool.
- Increase oven temp to 475.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 T. flour, 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix completely. Add Almond extract.
- Add cream and mix just enough to blend.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 200 and bake for one hour.
- Turn oven off and leave cake in oven for another hour.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, place in refrigerator overnite.
- Top with fruit if desired.
- Note: I find that setting a bowl/pan of water on the bottom rack while baking helps prevent cracking. NOT everytime, but usually! That's with any cheesecake, not just this one.