Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Sangria that I make every year when we have people over for New Year's Eve. I think that it is better than some of the Sangrias I have had at restaurants! (Please also see my "New Year's Eve White Sangria" as well!) Note: This was updated with new measurements 11/23/2006 when I stopped eye-balling and really measured! Note 2: I was out of Grand Marnier and substituted 1/4 cup of Chambord and the flavor may have been even better!
- Slice the orange and lemon.
- Put the fruit in a 3 quart pitcher and cover with the rum.
- Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is best.).
- Add the Gran Marnier, Rioja, Orange Juice, Pomegranate Juice, Lemon Juice, and sugar to the pitcher.
- Add soda up to 2 inches from the top of the pitcher.
- Stir well, pressing the fruit as you stir.
- Serve over ice (with extra soda, if you want).
- Fruit can be used for additional batches, simply cover with rum and continue with step 4.