4 hrs 15 mins
This is a Sangria that I make every year when we have people over for New Year's Eve. I think that it is better than some of the Sangrias I have had at restaurants! (Please also see my "New Year's Eve White Sangria" as well!) Note: This was updated with new measurements 11/23/2006 when I stopped eye-balling and really measured! Note 2: I was out of Grand Marnier and substituted 1/4 cup of Chambord and the flavor may have been even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the orange and lemon.
- 2Put the fruit in a 3 quart pitcher and cover with the rum.
- 3Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is best.).
- 4Add the Gran Marnier, Rioja, Orange Juice, Pomegranate Juice, Lemon Juice, and sugar to the pitcher.
- 5Add soda up to 2 inches from the top of the pitcher.
- 6Stir well, pressing the fruit as you stir.
- 7Serve over ice (with extra soda, if you want).
- 8Fruit can be used for additional batches, simply cover with rum and continue with step 4.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Year's Eve Red Sangria
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: