An easy way to dress up new potatoes.
Make and share this New Potatoes With Bacon and Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb new potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional) or 2 tablespoons bacon drippings (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, then drain.
- Slice potatoes in half and brown in skillet with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning or rosemary, crumbled bacon, garlic, chopped onion, and 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or butter.
- Top with cheese while hot.
This recipe is similar to one I already make so was excited to "make" it again! I ran out of new potatoes so added Russetts. I diced the potatoes and skipped the boiling step. I used all the ingredients and made a double batch. I did it on purpose so I could have leftovers for a potato soup later on in the week. :) This went very well with the lemon garlic pork tenderloin. Made for the February 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
This is a great way to mix up potatoes. I would serve this at my dinner partys! Thanks for sharing Sue.