1/5 Photos of New Mexico Style Chili Chicken Casserole
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is an easy to make tasty dish that I clipped from my local newspaper. I especially like that it can be prepared a day ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 20 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups finely shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Coat a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
- 3In a large pan, combine broth, chilies, onion, sour cream, salt, cumin, pepper, soup and garlic; mix well.
- 4Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Spread 1 cup mixture in the dish.
- 7Arrange 6 tortillas over soup mixture (breaking to fit dish) and top with 1 cup chicken and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 8Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- 9Spread remaining soup mixture over cheese.
- 10Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 11Note: If you prepare dish a day ahead, cover with nonstick foil and refrigerate. When ready to serve, bake 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes more or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Mexico Style Chili Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 1104.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 35.8 g