Recipe by Denise in NH
A very easy casserole and so good!! Enjoy
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very easy and has a nice flavor. It doesn't specify what type of scallops, so I used bay scallops and it worked quite well. The only issue I had is that the end result was very "soupy." You need to consider that the mushrooms will release water as they cook. I will certainly make this again, but next time I will cut the amounts of both the wine and cream in half. Thanx!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs scallops
- 1 lb small mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I use the pre-minced in a jar)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chablis or 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a large baking dish with 2 tbsp.
- Layer mushrooms on bottom and top with scallops.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in wine and cook until sauce is thick.
- Gradually stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
- pour sauce over casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.