Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple to make and delicious to eat. New England style fried clams.
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- 1 pint raw maine clam, shucked
- oil (for frying)
- Beat egg white until stiff.
- Add milk, salt, and melted butter to egg yolk and beat together.
- Add flour and stir.
- Fold into stiffly beaten egg white.
- Drain clams and dip each into batter and fry in deep fat at 375F until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
I made this for dinner, and it's a very good recipe. This is the type of dish I wouldn't ordinarily make for myself, as I would order it in a restaurant. It was very easy and delicious. Thanks for the recipe!
not the real fried clams.Born and raised on Cape Cod Ma. The recipe only needs three ingredients,heavycream,amixtureof bisquickand flour,then fry at 375 until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce.#178021