1/9 Photos of Never Fail Tuna Patties (Salmon Works Too)
I've made these for so long that I'm not sure of the recipe origin. They never fail, are easy to make & always good. They also work well & impress as a starter if served with crisp veggies, tartar sauce or a light mayo sauce thinned-with-milk & flavored with lime juice, dill & chives. Makes 4 patties of entree size or 6-8 of starter size. *Edited to Add* -- My spec thx to Chef JillAZ for reviewing this recipe for the Freezer Tag Game in the OAMC Forum & for the info she provided. Pls see Note #2 at the end of Prep Steps for this info. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1st 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 2Add corn flakes til you no longer see any liquid in the mixture, but more is usually better.
- 3Divide into 4 equal portions on a cutting board.
- 4Shape patties & flatten to 3/4 in thickness.
- 5Use spatula to transfer carefully to non-stick skillet & saute over med-low heat in olive oil til golden brown & crisp on both sides.
- 6Note #1: A variety of dry bonding ingredients can be used. I use crushed corn flakes or Pepperide Farm dressing mix. I don't care for the mushy texture of the end-product or the difficulty holding the patties together when potato is used.
- 7Note #2: For OAMC per JillAZ ~ *To freeze* (uncooked patties) prepare recipe thru Prep Step #4. Place patties in a freezer bag w/layers of parchment paper in between. Seal, label & freeze. *To serve* ~ Thaw in fridge or microwave & cook as directed. ~~ Cooked patties can also be frozen wrapped in plastic wrap & placed in a freezer bag. Thaw in fridge or microwave & reheat on stovetop or in oven.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Never Fail Tuna Patties (Salmon Works Too)
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 48.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g