Matthew Dufresne's Note:
My mom's perfect pie crust receipe. It is easy to roll out, is tender and flaky, and freezes quite well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a large sieve in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Into the sieve place the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.
- 3Sift into bowl.
- 4With a pastry blender, cut in the shortening until crumbly and no large bits or shortening remain.
- 5In a measuring cup, beat the egg, add the vinegar, and enough cold water to make one cup.
- 6Pour over flour mixture, a little at a time, stirring with a fork until the dough begins to stick together.
- 7Add more flour, if necessary, and knead a few times right in the bowl until you have a large, smooth ball.
- 8Pat firmly into the bowl and lightly mark off six equal portions.
- 9With a knife, cut through each portion.
- 10Pat into round balls and place in separate plastic bags.
- 11Dough will keep in the refrigerator for two weeks, or in the freezer for two months.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Never Fail Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1069.2
- Calories from Fat 697
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 462.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g