Recipe by greyghost
This is a FANTASTIC fudge recipe from Nestle's an d meals.com - perfect for the holiday season - - gift giving or just enjoying with family and friends. I added toffee bits for extra flavor.
- 3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (or whoever)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) cannestle Carnation Evaporated Milk (or whoever)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag toffee pieces (optional, can use only half bag as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate chips, nuts, butter, vanilla and toffee bits in large bowl and set aside.
- In large heavy saucepan, over medium heat, bring sugar and evaporated milk to boil stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring while it boils for about 8 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture over chocolate mixture stir to blend.
- (Optional - I did not do this step) beat with an electric mixture about 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Allow to cool (I put in the refrigerator) before cutting. Cooking time is cooling time.