Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
More than just cranberry sauce and ketchup, this recipe is more complex with a heartier flavor. I'm always asked for this recipe! Although they are made on the stovetop, they can be kept warm in a crockpot and served from it.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated (NOT minced or chopped)
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (14 ounce) packages smokies or 48 meatballs, pre-cooked
- Combine sauce ingredients and heat in sauce pan.
- Heat until cranberry sauce has dissolved and all ingredients are well combined.
- If you are serving from a crockpot (to keep them warm), pour sauce over smokies or pre-cooked meatballs in the crockpot, otherwise, just add the smokies or meatballs to the pan.
- It is best to let these cook at a low temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- If you are keeping them in a crockpot, DO NOT put the lid on. These will end up with way too much watered down sauce.
- Serve hot.