1/1 Photo of Neffy's Spicy Italian Pizza
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Neff's Note:
A great pizza for meat lovers with some extra heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce (Use your favorite or make your own)
- 1For the crust; add a pinch of sugar to the cup of warm water.
- 2Sprinkle yeast on top of the water and let sit 10 minutes until frothy.
- 3Combine with flour, salt, and olive oil until dough is formed.
- 4Knead the dough for 8 minutes.
- 5Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in the bowl and cover with a dish towel.
- 6Allow dough to rise for 60 minutes (prep toppings while you wait).
- 7Remove dough from bowl and cut in half, this will make 2 pizzas.
- 8Spread the dough onto pan or stone.
- 9Spread pizza sauce over the crust.
- 10Layer the salami and pepperoni over the sauce, followed by the onion and mushrooms.
- 11Cover with 1 cup of cheese and place raw sausage and jalepenos evenly over the cheese.
- 12Cover with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 13Brush edges of crust lightly with olive oil.
- 14Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 15Place pizza on middle rack and cook for 20 minutes checking occasionally.
- 16Let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neffy's Spicy Italian Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.7
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 1258.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 29.2 g