Prep1 hr 30 mins
A great pizza for meat lovers with some extra heat.
Make and share this Neffy's Spicy Italian Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce (Use your favorite or make your own)
- 12 slices genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 24 slices pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sausage (I use Bob Evans Original)
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper (Fresh or In a Jar)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- For the crust; add a pinch of sugar to the cup of warm water.
- Sprinkle yeast on top of the water and let sit 10 minutes until frothy.
- Combine with flour, salt, and olive oil until dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in the bowl and cover with a dish towel.
- Allow dough to rise for 60 minutes (prep toppings while you wait).
- Remove dough from bowl and cut in half, this will make 2 pizzas.
- Spread the dough onto pan or stone.
- Spread pizza sauce over the crust.
- Layer the salami and pepperoni over the sauce, followed by the onion and mushrooms.
- Cover with 1 cup of cheese and place raw sausage and jalepenos evenly over the cheese.
- Cover with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Brush edges of crust lightly with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place pizza on middle rack and cook for 20 minutes checking occasionally.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving and enjoy!
If my husband could cook like this, I would never diss him again. It would be all positive affirmation. (And if he ever reads my reviews, I'm totally screwed.)
This has become one of my favorite pizza recipes. It's easy to tweak with your own ingredients as well.