Recipe by CoffeeMom
If having flecks of peel in the sorbet will bother you, you will need to peel the nectarines first.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 -9 large nectarines
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and lemon peel.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Remove and discard pits from nectarines.
- Puree nectarines in a blender or food processer until smooth.
- Add syrup mixture and blend 2-3 seconds.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufactuers instructions.