1/2 Photos of Nectarine Golden Cake
Marie Nixon's Note:
This appeared in the September 2009 issue of Gourmet Magazine. The magazine describes the cake as being buttery and flavorful yet not too rich. A dollop of softly whipped cream is recommended but the magazine says it is delicious without it also. My nectarines were not very sweet so I bumped up the final sprinkling of the sugar and nutmeg mixture to use about 1 full tablespoon of sugar, rather than the 1/2 tablespoon the recipe states to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, rounded
- 3/4 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 nectarines, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in middle. Lightly butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- 2Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in extracts. At low speed, mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- 4Spread batter evenly in pan, then scatter nectarines over top. Stir together nutmeg and remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar and sprinkle over top.
- 5Bake until cake is golden-brown and top is firm but tender when lightly touched (cake will rise over fruit), 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove side of pan and cool to warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nectarine Golden Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 182.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g