Recipe by DuChick
This sloppy sandwich is given a new twist when it's baked into a crescent. You can still lick your fingers, but you won't have to wash as many shirts! This was a finalist recipe in Bake-Off #24.
Top Review by MandeeO
These were SO GOOD! I only had about 1/4 cup ketchup but I had some honey BBQ sauce on hand so I used that to make 1/2 cup and they were good anyway! But beware these babies are HOT when you get them out of the oven! My 2-1/2 year old burned his tongue on them, I ended up cutting his in bites and letting him eat it with a fork but he still loved it!
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- sesame seeds, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and drain well.
- Stir in ketchup, onion, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and cheese.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of meat mixture onto center of each rectangle.
- Fold shorter ends of each rectangle to center, overlapping slightly; firmly pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet; sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake at 375* for 14-20 minutes or until golden brown.