Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Nava Atlas. One half teaspoon of thyme indicated in original recipe was replaced with fresh cilantro. (Sorry, I don't care for thyme.) Adzuki beans are available both dried and canned.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 (16 ounce) cans adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Sautè the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rice, drained beans, coconut milk and thyme if using.
- Bring to a simmer then cover and cook over low heat until most of the coconut milk has evaporated, about 15 minutes. (The mixture should be moist but not watery.).
- Garnish with cilantro leaves. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.