Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This mustard sauce is the best. I first had it served with sausage rolls, but you can serve it with anything!
- Mix mustard& vinegar in a small bowl.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Next day, put mixture in a saucepan, add egg and sugar.
- Simmer on low heat until it thickens.
- When cool, put in covered container and keep in fridge.
WOW, what a kick! Wonderful. Very much like my DH's favorite Honey Mustard. he will be so happy I found this recipe. I made this with a special hot blend of dry mustard and followed the recipe exactly. I even had a little squeeze container to put it in. Now must buy ham for Easter so DH can rave about this sauce. I have added this to my cookbook and will be making this again and again! Thanks for a winner!
Have not tried this yet but it looks like it will be a good one. Also if you did not know if mustard is left out at room temp it will become milder. Found that out after buying 10 jars of my fav sweet and spicy mustard and the last few jars where as mild as the mustard you buy in the store.