Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mom's boyfriend's mom's recipe. It's amazing and the best one I've ever found.
Make and share this Nanny's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, sliced drained
- 24 cherries, halved and pitted, stems removed
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 deegrees.
- pour melted butter in a 9x9x2 baking pan and sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange pineapple over and place cherries in center of pineapple rings. Reserve extras.
- Beat remaining ingredients for 30 seconds then for 3 minutes on high.
- Crush remaining pineapple rings and add remaining pineapple and cherries to mixture.
- Pour in pan and bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and immediately turn pan upside-down.