Recipe by PamperedChefAngie
I was lucky enough to get this awesome recipe from my grandmother....we all look forward to family reunions, and get togethers' JUST for the potato salad
Top Review by katew
Great little meal last night - I subbed butter lettuce shredded up, from my garden, for the celery and tiny little potatoes, purchased parcooked. Quick to make and you really can prepare as much or as little as you need. I made enough for two.
- 8 medium new potatoes (peeled or not- Your choice -)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper (I prefer Seasoned Salt)
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsley chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- lettuce leaf, to line bowl with
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes, until fork tender-- (not overcooked) When done, break apart with fork.
- Immediately, toss with lemon juice and oil, salt and pepper.
- By doing this while they are still warm the flavorings get into the potatoes, better.
- Now, cool,& while cooling, chop the onions and celery and eggs.
- Then add to the potatoes.
- Now blend 1 cup of the mayo with the vinegar, and toss over the salad, gently folding until all coated.
- If it seems dry, add more mayo.
- Line a bowl with the lettuce leaves, and pile the salad in the center.