Nana's Cranberry Salad
photo by RedRacer
- Ready In:
- Chop the cranberries in a food processor. Place the cranberries in a bowl, add sugar and set aside in the fridge.
- Dissolve gelatin into boiled water. Once dissoved, add ice and stir until melted.
- Pour gelatin into a 13x9 glass pan and set in the fridge until almost set (20-30 minutes).
While the gelatin is setting, chop all other ingredients:
- Quarter apple & remove seeds, but leave on the skin. Chop in food processor and place in a mixing bowl.
- Peel the orange, leaving on about 1/2 of the peel. Quarter and chop. Place in the bowl.
- Cut seedless grapes in halves or quarters, depending on their size. Place in the bowl.
- Quarter the celery and add the walnuts to processor for chopping. Place in the bowl.
- Once you have completed chopping, the gelatin should be set. Take the 13x9 pan out of the fridge, stir in the cranberry mixture & the other chopped ingredients.
- Spread everything out evenly & return to fridge. Allow gelatin to finish setting (about another 20-30 minutes).
- NOTE: If gelatin gets solid before your ingredients are ready, you can still make it. It will mix okay and set up again.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!