Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my mom's recipe that she always makes for my girls when she comes to visit. My four-year-old loves these and begs me to make them; I finally broke down so that she can have them even when Nana isn't around. The rest of my family loves these, too! Cook time includes time to let batter rest.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients, then add to dry mixture and mix well. Batter will be thin.
- Let sit for at least fifteen minutes so the oatmeal softens.
- Spray a preheated skillet with Pam (or use butter or a small amount of oil), and add 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Grill until brown on one side, flip and grill until second side is brown.
- Serve with yummy syrup!
I increased the sugar a bit and used butter instead of the oil. These were VERY good. We all had way more than we should have and I feel like I am going to pop. I will definitely make these again, thanks for sharing.
Very easy recipe. I expected more flavor from the oatmeal, but you can't really notice it at all. Tender and soft texture. Delicious with butter and maple syrup. I've frozen half the batch for quick morning meals later.