Recipe by Erlkonig
A much tastier way to have nachos, but at the risk of burning your tongue. Very tasty, I've been making it for years.
Top Review by vanillathekatt
What a super idea this is, erlkonig! And I just got some Bush's baked beans on sale recently. You could vary the type of cheese you use and I would throw in a few jalapenos and hot sauce for a kick. --Also, what a great nickname. I remember reading Goethe's chilling "The Erl-King." ~ Chef 289860
- 16 ounces bush's baked beans (preferably vegetarian)
- 1⁄3 lb cheddar cheese
- corn chips (amount needed varies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take a 1.5qt pyrex bowl and fill the bottom with a layer of corn chips.
- Take about half the cheddar cheese slice it into slices about 2mm thick, and place the slices onto the chips.
- Take the can of beans, and pour the sauce and beans into the bowl.
- Finally make another layer of nachos using more chips and the rest of the cheese on top of the beans. The layer should cover all the beans.
- Place the bowl into the microwave (no cover is needed, since the upper layer of nachos keeps the microwave from becoming dirty), and microwave on High for 5-8 minutes depending on the microwave power. The top layer cooks faster than the bottom layer, so you'll need to experiment to figure out how long it takes the cheese to melt on the bottom.