Chili With Beef 'n Beans
photo by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups beef broth
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drain, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- Spray Dutch oven with nonstick spray. Brown meat in a Dutch oven over med-high heat. I like to leave it chunky but you can break up into any size pieces you like.
- Remove meat, reserving drippings in Dutch oven.
- Add chili powder to Dutch oven; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce; cook 5 minutes.
- Add cooked beef back into Dutch oven; stir in beef broth and the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 60 - 90 minutes until desired consistency.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese or pepper jack, crispy tortillas or oyster crackers
- Serve with corn bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi there! Originally CHICAGOLAND CHEF DU JOUR, I like to think of myself as a fantastic home cook with a flair for the gourmet. I have gotten & shared many recipes since I became a member in 2007. Although I have not been active in a few years, I still return to look for recipes from some of my fave chefs. Thanks to all you have helped me over the years and thanks a bunch to any and all reviews.