Virginia Cherry Blossom's Note:
Optional: melt 3 ounces of cream cheese in with the refried beans while they are warming. Top with sour cream, green onions, chopped tomatoes or sliced black olives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (13 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large skillet cook the ground beef with onions, garlic, jalapeno peppers, green bell pepper and taco seasoning over medium heat; cook stirring until meat is no longer pink; drain all fat well, continue to cook until the meat is well browned (the beef must be well browned!). Break the meat into very small pieces while it is cooking as well.
- 3Warm the refried beans a small sauce pan.
- 4Lightly spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the chips in the baking dish. Bake from 5 - 10 minutes depending on how crispy you like your chips.
- 5Remove the dish from the oven and spread the beans over top of the chips. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese, the ground beef mixture, and remaining cheese. Put dish back in the oven until the cheese melts, about 3 - 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 403.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 17.5 g