Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty, low-fat soup with a little kick that my family requests often. Starting with au gratin potatoes makes it SO easy. This recipe probably came from Light and Tasty magazine, although I substituted fat-free cheese and skim milk to make it lower in fat.
- 148.83 g package au gratin potato mix (dry mix)
- 425.24 g can corn, drained
- 2 (566.99 g) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel brand)
- 473.18 ml water
- 354.88 ml skim milk or 354.88 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 226.79 g fat free cream cheese or 226.79 g cream cheese (cut in pieces)
- 0.5 ml hot sauce, to taste
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley sprig, minced (optional)
- In large pot, combine au gratin potato mix, tomatoes, and water.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15-18 minutes until potatoes are done.
- Add cheese chunks and cook, stirring with a whisk, until the cheese melts.
- Add milk, corn, and hot sauce, stirring until soup is hot.
- Garnish with parsley.