I don't know where I got this recipe, but have had it for several years. It is my husband's favorite soup and also very easy to make!
- Empty potatoes only into a microwave safe bowl along with 3 cups of water.
- On high, cook potatoes approximately 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes of most of the water.
- Combine the potatoes, potato sauce mix (from the box), corn, diced tomatoes and green chilies, and 2 cups of water in a stove-top pan.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to your liking.
- Add milk and cubed Velveeta.
- Cook and stir until the Velveeta is melted into the soup.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with shredded cheese or sour cream, if you wish.