Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't know where I got this recipe, but have had it for several years. It is my husband's favorite soup and also very easy to make!
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) box scalloped potatoes mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 0.5 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 5 cups water, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Empty potatoes only into a microwave safe bowl along with 3 cups of water.
- On high, cook potatoes approximately 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes of most of the water.
- Combine the potatoes, potato sauce mix (from the box), corn, diced tomatoes and green chilies, and 2 cups of water in a stove-top pan.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to your liking.
- Add milk and cubed Velveeta.
- Cook and stir until the Velveeta is melted into the soup.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with shredded cheese or sour cream, if you wish.
This soup was very quick and easy to prepare. My husband is learning to cook and thought this recipe would be a good one to try. He made this using the whole can of tomatoes and green chilies and topped his with crumbled bacon. Good Soup. Thanks Juenessa. Bullwinkle
This is great for a fast lunch or dinner! Its easy and tastes great! I personally used about a cup of frozen corn and only one cup of milk. Came out great! Thanks for sharing the recipe
I JUST made this the other day and it is so delicious! I found it in an old edition of Quick Cooking that my mom had -- super easy and so good! The recipe I used called for a dash of hot sauce too -- it gave it just a little kick -- but it would've been good either way!! I'm excited to see this on here!