A different take on sloppy joe's.
Make and share this Nacho Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa con queso, medium
- hamburger bun
- tortilla chips, for serving
- sour cream, if desired
- jalapeno pepper, if desired
- salsa, if desired
- shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
- In a large skillet, brown oil, onion and green pepper.
- Add ground beef, seasoning with your taste of salt and pepper and brown well.
- Add taco seasoning, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and simmer.
- Add full jar of con queso cheese and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- To serve, place on buns and eat like traditional sloppy joes, served with tortilla chips on the side.
- Or, place tortilla chips on a dish and top with cheesy nacho meat mixture, jalapenos, sour cream and additional shredded cheese or salsa, if desired.
- This may also be used to top baked potato, pasta or french fries for a delicious side dish or meal.
This was a different tasting sloppy joe - and we enjoyed it!! Didn't find salsa con queso so used regular salsa. Served it with some pasta instead of buns. Thanks Lainey! :)
This is a unique sloppy joe but one that was enjoyed by all. It's tasty and spicy and easy to make.