- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 ounces neufchatel cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce (your favorite, we love this with the chipotle Tabasco)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, cook the ground beef; drain the fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add to the soup. Add the Velveeta cheese.
- Heat through over medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and hot sauce garnish if desired.