Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mystery ingredient? Pinto beans!
- 2 cups drained cooked pinto beans
- 1⁄4 cup bean liquid
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mash beans with bean liquid in bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Cream margarine and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and beans; mix well. Add mixture of dry ingredients; mix well. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into 9 inch square baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until cakes tests done. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with sprinkle of confectioners' sugar.