Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I search near and far looking for Moxie's Mushroom Dip recipe with no luck. So I decided to figure it out for myself. And it worked! Let me know what you think.
- 1 chopped up tomatoes or 1 a half a container baby tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- This recipe finally allowed me to use my Magic bullet. If you do not have one, please make sure to really finely chop up each ingredient.
- First mix the Tomato's, garlic, onions and pinch of salt in a small baking dish.
- I used my magic bullet to puree all the ingredients but if you want this layer of your dip to have more texture, finely chopping each ingredient should be fine.
- That's your first layer.
- Next up, add the olive oil to a frying pan and cook your chopped up mushroom until tender (about 5-10 minutes) add the soy sauce. Turn off your stove and add the cream cheese.
- Please the mushroom mix on top of the tomato mix add the Goat cheese and place your dip into a preheated over of about (350 degrees) and bake for about 15 minute. Remove and Serve.
- I hope you enjoy. :).
this recipe has been scaled down from an incredibly large batch, so you may need to adjust the quantity of salsa and cheese slightly<br/><br/>2.5 lbs white or cremini mushrooms, diced<br/>1 tbsp montreal steak spice<br/>pinch garlic powder<br/>pinch salt<br/>2 oz butter or margarine<br/>about 1 cup of salsa<br/>8 oz cream cheese<br/>8 oz goat cheese<br/>1 tbsp cilantro<br/>1 tbsp basil<br/>1 tsp chili flakes<br/>pinch black pepper<br/><br/>- preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit<br/>- cook the mushrooms with the butter/margarine, montreal steak spice, salt and garlic powder until there is no moisture left in the pan. <br/>- in a bowl combine all of the cheeses with the cilantro, basil, chili flakes and black pepper, mix well until both cheese are completely blended/.<br/>- one the mushrooms are cooked, strain them to remove any excess moisture and then add half of the cheese mixture and all of the salsa, combine well and place in an oven safe serving dish.<br/>- make 2 oz balls of the rest of the cheese and flatten between two sheets of parchment.<br/>- place flattened cheese "disk" on top of the mushroom mix and bake until cheese is melty & serve
This is not exactly like the Moxie's dip, but it really doesnt matter, its really close to it and it's AMAZING!! Making some more tonight actually!