Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
i came up with this today when i wanted to make bread pudding but didn't see any recipes that looked good, tell me what ya think!
- 6 slices cranberry-cinnamon bread or 6 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine half and half, heavy whipping cream, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add bread pieces and stir to soak.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over mixture and stir again to coat.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour bread mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool or serve warm with whipped cream and/or caramel sauce.
What a great recipe. I used the cranberry cinnimon bread. Made the recipe exactly as printed. The family went through it so fast they wanted more. I'll probably have to make more in a couple of days. Thanks for the recipe.