Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Really the only difference between this recipe and some of the others listed is that this recipe uses baked potatoes. Baked potatoes give it a very different flavor. I'm not really sure about the servings, so I just guessed. Also, the time includes cooling the potatoes.
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole chopped scallion (green onion)
- 1 lb bacon, slices
- bacon drippings (optional)
- 5 lbs red potatoes, washed, but not peeled
- Bake potatoes till tender. Transfer to a large serving bowl, and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2 hours. When cool cut into quarters or if large cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Fry bacon till crisp. Remove and cool (reserving drippings). Crumble bacon when cooled.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise, green onion and crumbled bacon. Add about 2-4 Tablespoons of bacon drippings (if desired). Cover, and refrigerate for about 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the bowl of potatoes. Refrigerate till ready to use.
- (I actually make this the day before I need it).