Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is my mother's. The cheese mix makes it so rich and filling, all you need to complete the meal is a green salad and garlic bread!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Brown the beef in butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer 5 min.
- Boil the noodles in salted water for 10 min.
- Drain noodles.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and bell pepper.
- Butter a 2 quart round,deep casserole dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the noodles in the casserole dish.
- Cover with the cheese mix, then cover with rest of the noodles.
- Pour melted butter over noodles and spread meat sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min.
We loved this recipe. I added some garlic to the sauce and served it with garlic bread and a salad. So easy to make too!
This tastes just like lasagna and saves a lot of time. It was a hit in my house!
This recipe was pretty easy and very delicious. In my house we found that we wanted more meat and sauce, because there is SO much cheese we felt it needed a little more balance. Next time we will double the meat and sauce, but overall we found this recipe fantastic and are so glad you shared it! Oh, it does take a lot of dishes, a pot for the noodles, a pan to brown the beef, a bowl for the cheese mix, a casserole to bake it in, and utensils. So be sure your dishwasher is in good working order!