Recipe by Dianne03
This recipe is my mother's. The cheese mix makes it so rich and filling, all you need to complete the meal is a green salad and garlic bread!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef in butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer 5 min.
- Boil the noodles in salted water for 10 min.
- Drain noodles.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and bell pepper.
- Butter a 2 quart round,deep casserole dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the noodles in the casserole dish.
- Cover with the cheese mix, then cover with rest of the noodles.
- Pour melted butter over noodles and spread meat sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min.