Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom used to make me this delicious salad growing up and I was addicted to it, I would beg her to make it.
- 1 large iceberg lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 12 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I always use Hellmans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place bacon in a large skillet, cook over medium high heat until brown and fully cooked. Crumble and set aside.
- In a large flat bowl, put the chopped lettuce in and layer with onion, peas, cauliflower and bacon. prepare the dressing by combining mayo, sour cream and sugar, mix well. Spread the dressing on top of salad and then top with cheese. Refrigerate until chilled.