Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the recipe for my mom's carrot cake!
For the Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb powdered sugar, Softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, Room Temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Cake:.
- Sift together Flour, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Salt, and Sugar.
- In a seperate bowl whisk eggs. In several additions, add Eggs and Oil to Dry ingredient Mixture.
- When batter is smooth, stir in Carrots.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- For the Frosting:.
- Cream softened Butter with powdered sugar.
- Add Cream Cheese and Vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl several times.
- Mix in Walnuts.