This is fun anytime of year, but my favorite in the fall. It smells wonderful and you can get the kids to help you shake up the paper bag. Try and wait till it cools before you start eating it ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 4 quarts of popped popcorn in brown paper bag (like the ones from the grocery store).
- 2Melt 1 stick of butter in glass bowl or casserole dish (lid is recommended but optional).
- 3Add brown sugar, light Karo syrup, salt to bowl/dish. Mix well.
- 4(Put lid on) Microwave until mixture boils for 2 minutes. (takes about 3.5 minutes).
- 5Add baking soda, stir well.
- 6Pour mixture over popcorn in the paper bag and stir well.
- 7Fold down bag (to fit in your microwave) place in microwave and nuke for 1.5 minutes.
- 8take bag out and shake it about or open and mix corn/caramel well.
- 9Repeat above step 2 more times.
- 10Place corn on 2 large cookie sheets and let cool.
- 11I really like it when it's still warm. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Momma's Microwave Caramel Corn
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 162.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g