Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is fun anytime of year, but my favorite in the fall. It smells wonderful and you can get the kids to help you shake up the paper bag. Try and wait till it cools before you start eating it ;)
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place 4 quarts of popped popcorn in brown paper bag (like the ones from the grocery store).
- Melt 1 stick of butter in glass bowl or casserole dish (lid is recommended but optional).
- Add brown sugar, light Karo syrup, salt to bowl/dish. Mix well.
- (Put lid on) Microwave until mixture boils for 2 minutes. (takes about 3.5 minutes).
- Add baking soda, stir well.
- Pour mixture over popcorn in the paper bag and stir well.
- Fold down bag (to fit in your microwave) place in microwave and nuke for 1.5 minutes.
- take bag out and shake it about or open and mix corn/caramel well.
- Repeat above step 2 more times.
- Place corn on 2 large cookie sheets and let cool.
- I really like it when it's still warm. Enjoy!