Microwave Caramel Corn
Our family devours this stuff. mmmm.
- Ready In:
- 2 bags of butter pop secret microwave popcorn or 2 bags popcorn, popped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pour popped corn into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except soda, in a 2 quart microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then stir.
- Microwave again on high.
- Watch it, and when it begins to boil, microwave 1 minute longer.
- Remove from microwave and stir in baking soda.
- Pour mixture over popped corn and stir to distribute.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you pour the popped corn into a brown paper grocery bag, and then add the caramel mixture + 1 tsp real vanilla, over the popped corn -- microwave on High for 1 minute. Remove bag and stir contents (add 1/2 C of chopped pecans if you want to). Return bag to microwave and cook on High for another 30 - 45 seconds. Pour the caramel corn into a Large mixing bowl. Allow to cool for 5 -7 minutes before serving. Easy clean up, less mess if you use a brown paper bag. *Options: 1/4 C toasted sesame seeds. 1/4 - 1/2 C roasted peanuts or chopped pecans. Add the nuts during the last 30-seconds of cooking time.2Replies 1
I actually made two caramel corn recipes, the first a labor intensive oven recipe and this one. I ended up not having enough from the first recipe for my gift baskets so I threw this one together on Christmas Eve. I have to tell you this one was much better than the other! It took WAY less time and the flavor was much better! Great recipe!2Reply
see 8 more