This is my own version of dipping sauce. The best version is my mom's, but since she never measures and is too swift in the kitchen to get down the exact proportions (she always gives me amounts like it should be THIS much in your palm) what am I supposed to do with that kind of measuring system? This is the next best thing and second best is just as good, right? ;-)
- 88.74 ml soy sauce (I use Kikkoman)
- 44.37 ml water
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar or 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
if you want a little heat add
- 14.79 ml korean red pepper paste (Gochujang) (optional) or 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving to let the flavors blend.
- This will be heavy in the green onion department, so if you don't want as much, cut it down a little, but we love them and the green onions are what all of us go for first.
- This is great with any kind of steamed or fried dumpling (like Chinese dumplings or Korean mandu).