Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great. Good for a night of football!
Make and share this My Interpretation of a "cuban Sandwich" recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb round bread (preferably homemade, hollowed out, top reserved)
- 2 chipotle chiles (in adobo)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices ham
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 6 cornichons (drained, julienned)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leftover roast pork (shredded)
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (as needed)
- Heat oven 325.
- Prepare bread. Set aside.
- Puree the chipoltes and mayonnaise. Spread inside bread.
- Layer in the ham, swiss, cornichon and pork. Season to taste.
- Replace top. Brush all over with a little oil.
- Place on a sprayed round baking sheet. Top with a 10-12 inch round iron skillet.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut in wedges to serve.