Recipe by cookingpompom
I have been making this since before my babies were born - my DH loves this! Serve just frozen. Chilling time is cooking time. I use my food processor for this recipe, and have written this recipe using a processor. Use the BEST quality chocolate you can find, I like Lindt, do not use cooking compound chocolate or a chocolate high in oil/fats such as Hersheys.
- 300 g milk chocolate (semi sweet)
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar (super fine)
- 150 ml water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 600 ml cream (heavy)
Directions See How It's Made
- In your food processor, blend the chocolate until it is fine - very fine.
- Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan until the sugar has melted. Bring to the boil, boil for 2 minutes (until slightly thickened).
- Pour hot syrup into the processor down the funnel while motor is running.
- Add the yolks, egg and cream. Process until smooth and no lumps are present.
- Grease a 22cm cake tin and line with plastic/cling wrap, leave a border above the edge of the tin to pull on when easing the bavarian out of the tin.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and freeze for 3.5 hours.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving and place in the fridge.
- Serve on a plate, cut small slithers as this is rich. My DH loves this with ice-cream and berries.