Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
a nice sweet and sour chicken recipe that's neither too sweet or too sour. We like it best on a bed of jasmine rice.
- 3 lbs boneless chicken (I like thighs, but you can use breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 fresh ripe pineapple, cut into bite-sized chunks, reserving a few chunks
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces; place in a single layer in a roasting pan; bake At 450 for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Pour off any fat. While chicken is baking, place the reserved pineapple pieces in a blender, process, then strain the juice and set aside.
- Add pineapple pieces to pan and bake for 10 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients and juice from pineapple. Cook until clear, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken and bake and additional 10 minutes.