Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
“Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry.” -- YUM!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 6 cups water
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 20 ounces frozen corn
- 1 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, generous pinch
- Heat oil in large soup pot.
- Add bacon & cook until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble & reserve.
- Add onions to fat, saute until very soft.
- Add water & Simply Potatoes. Cook 20 minutes at a low simmer.
- Add corn, red bell pepper & scallions. Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Add half & half. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Add cayenne. Stir well.
- Serve with reserved bacon bits.