Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This simple marinade tenderizes and adds so much flavor to any cut of beef, pork, poultry or venison. We use this before grilling steaks on the outdoor grill and we also use it for steaks we broil in the oven. You may also use it to baste while cooking but always discard leftovers and start out with a fresh batch each time. The one hour to marinate is substituted for cooking time.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, especially good with poultry (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
- Whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
- Place meat in container for marinating.
- Using a fork, pierce meat at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Pour marinade over meat.
- Let meat soak in marinade at least 30 minutes per side.
- For less tender cuts of meat, allow to marinate longer.
- I normally marinate most beef cuts 2 hours, pork or venison cuts 1 1/2 hours and poultry 1- 1 1/2 hours.
- Discard marinade after use.
This is a very nice marinade that we used on steaks that we grilled tonight. Simple to put together & quite flavorful. I might cut back a smidge on the sugar next time, but it is very tasty stuff.
This is now my favorite marinade, too! This really is excellent. I made it without the ginger and let the steaks marinate for a little over 2 hours. Next time, I'll plan ahead and give them a little longer. Thanks for sharing!