1/1 Photo of My Favorite Chili
1 hr 15 mins
cajun chef in Louisiana's Note:
When my 3 girls were little, every Halloween night we would have neighbors over as they were getting into their costumes and I would serve this chili. They are grown now and this chili is a tradition in their homes! Not your traditional chili recipe,hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3 chopped white onions (seems like a lot but really works!)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 whole cloves (sometimes I add extra)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (I use quite a bit more, just add to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- salt and pepper
- 1Brown beef in oil, add chopped vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender.
- 2In a large kettle, put 2 cups of water and cloves and bring to a boil.
- 3Add chopped tomatoes with juice and simmer for about 15 minutes to get the flavor of the cloves.
- 4Take out cloves and add meat, vegetables, paprika, chili powder, and seasonings (add more spice if you need, I think it needs more chili powder than the recipe calls for).
- 5Simmer 1 hour; add kidney beans and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6This is not a thick chili, it's great over hot tamales.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Chili
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.9
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: