Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
After much looking around and modifications, this is the recipe that I love the most. I use my kitchenaid for it. Cooking time does not include mixing or rising time.
- 7.39 ml yeast
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 59.14 ml honey
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 29.58 ml vital wheat gluten
- 2.46 ml salt
- Heat water for 2 minutes in microwave.
- Pour into kitchenaid bowl and add honey, molasses, dry milk and butter.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed and water has cooled enough to add yeast.
- Add yeast and wait until bubbly.
- Add remaining ingredients, adjusting flour until dough forms a soft ball but is not too loose.
- Beat with kitchenaid for approx 10 mins or until dough passes window pane test.
- Place dough in covered oiled bowl until it has double in size.
- Punch down and form into loaf.
- Allow to rise again.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden brown and done in the center.