This recipe is adapted from missykett's wonderful Honey Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry. I changed a few things because of the ingredients I had on hand and liked it so much I am posting it here so I can remember what I did :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 lbs sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup pea pods
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened and edges are browning slightly.
- 3Add garlic and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add sirloin and cook until medium rare (about 2-3 minutes).
- 5Meanwhile, mix cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry, rice vinegar, brown sugar in a bowl.
- 6Add pea pods to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and add sauce.
- 7Let sit for a few minutes, stir a few times, and serve over brown rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Beef Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 965.4
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 542.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 62.4 g