Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from missykett's wonderful Honey Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry. I changed a few things because of the ingredients I had on hand and liked it so much I am posting it here so I can remember what I did :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 lbs sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup pea pods
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened and edges are browning slightly.
- Add garlic and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sirloin and cook until medium rare (about 2-3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, mix cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry, rice vinegar, brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add pea pods to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and add sauce.
- Let sit for a few minutes, stir a few times, and serve over brown rice.