These are probably the best brownies I have ever eaten, I got it out of a recipe book when I made my ice cream sandwiches and had left over brownie. I started munching it and so did my brother. We were fighting over who got the last piece. LOL. You won't be disappointed.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line bottom and sides of a brownie pan with aluminum foil, lightly grease with some extra butter (not from ingredients).
- Melt butter over medium heat, whisk until just melted.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa powder, whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add sugar and continue stirring until well blended (I turned to a spoon by this point).
- Let mixture cool 2 minutes.
- Transfer to larger bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add flour (I sifted mine) and salt, using rubber spatula stir until batter is blended.
- Scrape into prepared pan (should be quite hard as mixture doesn't run).
- Spread evenly and bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut.