Recipe by nita d.
A thick sauce--sweet and smoky flavor. Cooked in the oven. We get a lot of compliments. Enjoy
Top Review by Susiecat too
This was delicious. I made only one change, which was to leave out the bacon due to dietary restrictions. Instead I added a little olive oil to replace the needed little bit of fat to pull the dish together, and also put in a dash or two of smoked paprika to get the smokey flavor that I couldn't get otherwise, since I omitted the bacon. This was wonderful and full of complex layers of flavor. I'm glad I made a double-size batch! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
- 1 lb great northern bean (canned)
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup turkey molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together in roaster with lid. Stir the ingredients well.
- Bake 350 degrees for two hours. You might want to double or triple this recipe--it doesn't last long.
- You can tell when it's done with the sauce thickens up.