1/2 Photos of My Egg Salad Sandwich
I've tried many variations of egg salad sandwiches over the years but I always return to my basic recipe as follows. Important to use the best ingredients. Try my posted Mayo' recipe. Egg salad sandwich made with store bought mayonnaise is really good but egg salad sandwich made with homemade mayonnaise is worthy of exaltation! I only add dill occasionally and *only* if it's fresh from our herb garden. *Warning*: contains raw egg. --Tasty-- does like a few black olives (chopped) stirred into her egg salad sandwich. I begrudgingly comply...;) Nothin' like indulging the little darlin'!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs (depends on the size of the eggs)
- 4 slices homemade bread (whole wheat, multi-grain, etc.)
- 1/3 cup homemade mayonnaise, approximately
- 1/2 cup arugula, approximately (rocket)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh dill (optional)
- 3 black olives, minced (optional for the oft-requested ~Tasty Dish~ egg salad sandwich special)
- 1In a small bowl mash the hard boiled eggs with the mayonnaise.
- 2Add black pepper and salt to taste. Stir in the dill if you wish (and the minced olives, too).
- 3Divide and spread the mixture on two slices of bread. Arrange the spinach leaves on top. Place the other slice of bread on top.
- 4Cut sandwich in half and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Egg Salad Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 384.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g