Recipe by *Marli*
These are my favourite cookies & this is the only recipe I'll ever use because it's soooo good! I always end up adding more choc chips than called for.
Top Review by Tisme
Fantastic recipe :) I have made these cookies twice in two days and they have disappeared before my eyes! The first time I didnt have any choc chips to use, so i substituted them for chopped cooking chocolated which resulted in speckled cookies which tasted wonderful. The next day I made them again with good quality choc chips and they tasted EVEN better :) Thankyou for posting such a great recipe Marli :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 g butter
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 180c.
- Sift flour& soda together, set aside.
- Cream butter& sugars together until light& fluffy.
- Add egg& vanilla, beat well.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients& choc chips, until well blended.
- Form into small balls& place on greased baking trays- leaving room for spreading.
- Bake in oven for 12- 15 minutes, until light& golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack& store in an airtight container.